Composition: Oxytocin 5.0 IU
Pharmaceutical form: Injection solution. A clear, colourless solution without visible particles.
To support delivery in case of primary and secondary depression of contractions and to accelerate the expulsive phase of delivery.
During the puerperal period: depression of uterine muscle contractility: To stimulate involution in case of placenta retention and exometra (the product is administered immediately after delivery or caesarotomy and two to four hours later), to remove the pathological contents of uterus, endometritis, pyometra.
Agalaxia as a consequence of milk production disorder in all target species. To remove residual milk and toxic material from the udder after delivery and during the treatment of infectious mastitis in cows.
Dosage and application
- Uterus inaction, milk ejection, mastitis, uterus involution: 20– 40 IU (i.m. or s.c.), 2.5 – 10 IU (i.v.).
- Uterus inaction: 20 – 40 IU (i.m. or s.c.), 2.5 – 10 IU (i.v.).
- Placenta retention: 10 – 20 IU (i.m. or s.c.)
- .Milk ejection, uterus involution: 40 IU (i.m. or s.c.), 10 IU (i.v.).
- Sheep, goats
- Uterus inaction: 10 IU (i.m. or s.c.), 0.5 – 2.5 IU (i.v.).
- Milk ejection, uterus involution: 10 – 20 IU (i.m. or s.c.), 0.5 – 2.5 IU (i.v.).
- Uterus inaction, uterus involution, placenta retention, milk ejection: 10 – 30 IU (i.m. or s.c.), 0.5 – 2.5 IU (i.v.).
- Uterus inaction, uterus involution, placenta retention, milk ejection 2 – 10 IU (i.m. or s.c.), 0.5 IU (i.v.).
Method of administration:
The product may be applied intramuscularly (i.m.), subcutaneously (s.c.) or intravenously (i.v.).
- For the intravenous infusion the product may be diluted with physiological solution or 5% glucose solution.
- In obstetric indications, a slow intravenous, subcutaneous or intramuscular application is possible. Repeated administration of small doses is preferred to one big dose. In sheep, the intramuscular application should be preferred.
- The slow intravenous application is used to produce ejection of residual milk and retained placenta. For the intravenous application of small doses the respective product should be diluted in a higher amount of physiological solution.
Storage: Store in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C). Protect from frost.
- Meat: Zero days.
- Milk: Zero days.
The shelf life of the veterinary medicinal product in an intact package is 2 years.
Shelf-life after first opening the container is 28 days.
Package: 1 x 50 ml (50ml bottle)
Manufacturer: Bioveta a.s., Czech Republic